First of all, I will admit my prejudice at the beginning - I am not a
fan of graphic novels - there, I've said it. I have a lot of
reservations about the genre, but rather than getting into that, I was
wondering if anyone was familiar with the "graphic journalism" of the
9/11 Commission Report? I was catching up on my NPR Books where the
illustrators were interviewed:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5690970

I take such issue with one of the comments that one of the illustrators
made. He said that they were not imposing their own point of view but
rather selecting parts of the report to illustrate. I almost fell out
of my car seat at this statement. Any selective process like this
automatically imparts a viewpoint and it is disingenuous and
intellectual fabrication if they really believe this.

My question is: have any of you bought this version of the 9/11 report
and do you feel, as the illustrators do, that the 9/11 report was too
hard to read and confusing that a graphic representation is an adequate
substitute for the original?

Floyd Pentlin
Region III Director, American Association of School Librarians
ANSWER MACHINE/FAX: 660.747.0683 - E-MAIL: calaf@charter.net
You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where
people sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy
of employing wild animals as librarians. — Monty Python skit