Hi Everyone,

  I am very grateful to all of you who took the time to answer my "Difficult
Interview Question."  The depth and amount of the replies reallly touched me.  I
learned a lot simply by reading your answers.

  My experience in a school so far has been limited to working as a per diem
librarian for only six months.  So I did not have many opportunities to collaborate
with teachers.  Seeing your professional and detailed replies have made me wonder
about something:  Have many of you school librarians been teachers before you
became librarians?  Isn't it advantageous in many ways to have been a teacher
first?  (For instance, knowing how to construct a lesson plan.)  I was not a
teacher and have taken only 12 education credits so far.  How much will that put me
at a disadvantage?

  I have not been able to post a hit with your replies because my copy and paste
function is not working properly.  As soon as I get it fixed I will post a hit.

  Thanks again to all who replied.

  Sincerely,

  Nora Kozuch
  LMS at Large