Hi Everyone....
Don't miss this one!  It's my official new favorite!!!

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

There's so much to say about this amazing novel.  I don't know where to start!  I
got a copy at my Scholastic Book Fair.  I'm heading out to buy a few more copies
for my library.  One will never be enough!  Every copy from the Book Fair was
bought and my 4th graders have a hold list a mile long for our library's copy.

Hugo is part novel picture book done in black and white pencil drawings. Check out
http://www.theinventionofhugocabret.com/ From amazon.com:

"Orphan, clock keeper, and thief, Hugo lives in the walls of a busy Paris train
station, where his survival depends on secrets and anonymity. But when his world
suddenly interlocks with an eccentric, bookish girl and a bitter old man who runs a
toy booth in the station, Hugo's undercover life, and his most precious secret, are
put in jeopardy. A cryptic drawing, a treasured notebook, a stolen key, a
mechanical man, and a hidden message from Hugo's dead father form the backbone of
this intricate, tender, and spellbinding mystery. "

Be sure to check out the website above and read the "starred reviews" by numerous
journals and watch the video interview under "news" and "Expanded Books".

Let me know what you think!

Susan

Susan Hanlon
K-4 Librarian