Friends:

I will be presenting at the Florida Library Association Conference (April
10-13). The FLA's conference theme is "Libraries Tell Stories." I will be
signing my books in the Greenwood Booth on Thursday, April 12, 2007 in the
morning and presenting my "Handmade Tales" workshop at 3:30 p.m. In this
"hands-on" workshop, participants will learn tales that use hands as an
active part of the telling: string stories, draw and tell, cut and tell,
paper tales (fold and tell, roll books, etc.), hand stories, and other
"handy" tales (handkerchiefs, napkins, and towels).  Attendees will receive
workshop supplies and a comprehensive illustrated handout. More information
about the conference can be found at the FLA website: http://www.flalib.org/
I hope to see you there! We're going to have tons of handmade fun!

Warmly,

Dianne

Dianne de Las Casas

The Story Connection

Author & Award-winning Storyteller

dianne@storyconnection.net

storyconnection@gmail.com

http://www.storyconnection.net

Parents, Teachers & Librarians, sign up for Story Connection Express, a FREE
monthly education e-zine filled with articles, media reviews, story of the
month, super ideas for spending time with your kids, and more!
http://www.storyconnection.net <http://www.storyconnection.net/>

"Connecting Kids and Learning Through the Arts"

Multi-Award Winning Children's Audio Recordings:

Jambalaya ~ Stories with Louisiana Flavor

World Fiesta ~ Celebrations in Story and Song

Jump, Jiggle & Jam ~ A Rhythmic Romp Through Story Land

Books:

Tangram Tales: Story Theater Using the Ancient Chinese Puzzle; forthcoming)

Handmade Tales: Stories to Make and Take (Libraries Unlimited; Fall 2007)

Kamishibai Story Theater: The Art of Picture Telling (Teacher Ideas Press;
September, 2006) ISBN 1-59159-404-3

Story Fest: Craft Story Theater Scripts (Teacher Ideas Press; November 2005)
ISBN 1-59469-009-X