Sounds like a job for the "text field tool" in Acrobat Pro. To get
started-- choose Tools > Advanced Editing > Text Field Tool ( or Show
Forms Toolbar). Create a form box by dragging the cross-hair pointer
over a graphic area in the organizer. You can then double-click the
box to set its properties -- font, text size, allow multiple lines of
text, and more.

Note: This approach will not allow Acrobat Reader users to save
filled-out PDF forms.

Good luck.

> Greetings:
>
> I have been asked to help make 15 graphic organizers that were
> build by our staff (so no copyrights problems) into .pdf files that
> can be written on/typed upon. (...just like filling in a .pdf form
> which we have all done, only putting text in the various bubbles or
> squares typical of a graphic organizer.)  This is apparently called
> giving the .pdf document "document rights."
>
> I do have access to a current Adobe Acrobat Pro v7, and have made
> various files into .pdf documents for mounting on the web, but have
> never used Acrobat in this way.  I have searched the Adobe help,
> and have come up with nothing.  (Acrobat Pro does include Adobe
> Designer, if this task demands Designer.)
>
> Does anyone have a lead on how to make a .pdf that can be typed
> upon?  Just point me in the right direction... ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim O'Shaughnessy
> Library / Media Center
> Moline High School
> Moline, IL.
> toshaugh_AT_molineschools_DOT_org

Steven M. Cox, Ph.D.
Library Media Speciaist - Jonesborough Elementary School
Jonesborough, Tennessee
coxs@wcde.org

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail.