First of all, congratulations on finally getting the ideal library
schedule!  I'm in a similar situation this year and would love to have some
suggestions.  This will be my first year as a school librarian so I'm new to
the profession as well as the staff of the school.  The K-8 school that I'll
be working at is accustomed to a fixed schedule for K-5 and teachers of 6-8
scheduled a time for checkout during the remaining "open" library time.
This year the schedule has one week of fixed schedule for K-5 followed by
one week of flex with no scheduled classes.  I really want to make sure this
works as flex schedules were intended to, but I know it will be challenging
because the teachers aren't accustomed to the idea of a flex schedule
and the fact that I'm new.  Thanks in advance for sharing.

Kendra Molen
East Hardy Early Middle School
Baker, WV
kamolen@gmail.com