Charlene: I tried to send this to you off-list, but could not get it
through.
sbj

Is this the SirsiDynix system Symphony with the SchoolRooms module?

We also looked at this system and I really like the Symphony/SchoolRooms
page and the federated searching aspect. However we felt that this
program was geared more to the public library audience and of course, it
was priced out of our league! We currently use Dynix Scholar--have since
1995. It was quite pricey and got more so over the years. And then Dynix
no longer developed that product. They seem to market to public,
academic and large libraries more.
I feel as though they are front runners in automation--the SchoolRooms
product looks a lot like a web page and it offers lots of extra links to
pre-approved resource/;educational information, but I feel it could be
designed more toward the K-12 market. And most school districts cannot
afford their pricing!
Just an opinion.
Good luck with your decision!

Sue Johnston