Ivan’s War: Life and Death in the Red Army 1939-1945 by Catherine Merridale.
  Americans need to know more about the role of the Soviet Union during World War
II.  Many young people think that the Soviet Union was the enemy.  With the opening
of archives due to the democratization of recent years, there are numerous books
helping to fill in this gap.  I have just started reading Ivan’s War and I am
thoroughly fascinated and impressed by the effort.  I do have a criticism: there is
no mention of the Polish-Soviet War (1919-1921) or the Soviet invasion of Poland in
1939, two weeks after the Germans invaded Poland.

  What Every Librarian Should Know About Electronic Privacy by Jeannette Woodard

  Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
  What if civilization collapses by degrees instead of all at once?   What if gas
supplies and electricity start to drop, become more and more intermittent and
eventually stop altogether?  This is the situation facing two teenage girls and
their father off in the countryside of Northern California.  When the father is
killed in a chainsaw accident, the girls are left to cope on their own.  This is a
story that is done very realistically and is very compelling.

  Ed Nizalowski, SMS
  Newark Valley High School
  Newark Valley, NY
  enizalowski@nvcs.stier.org

  "Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things man
himself will not find peace."

  Albert Schweitzer