Lat summer, I saw Ian Jukes speak at a conference.  He spoke about
research being done on the development of teens' brains that shows that
this generation of teens - raised with technology -  really  does think
and process information differently than older people do.  He mentioned
how their eyes scan a page (not left to right!), what colors of
text/background are most visually appealing to them, etc.

He cited two articles in his presentation, one from Time and one from
Newsweek.  They're both interesting, but neither of them contain this
information.  Has anyone else come across studies/articles that address
these issues?  I'm preparing for a presentation next month and want to
explore these topics a little further.  I've done searches on "teen
brain research" and "how teens think" and anything else I can think of
that might relate, with no luck.  Jukes' web site freezes my computer
every time I go to it,  so I'm not having any luck there, either.

Thanks!

Anita

Anita Beaman, Librarian

University High School