Dear LM_Netters,

Thank you to those of you who had time to reply to
my request for info about what your locale is like.
(Posted 12/14 1:28 am Pacific time).
Teachers who checked in Friday said the words from
people who were IN the countries studied were
truly magical for their students.

Our 2nd graders will be traveling around the world
all week long, so it's not too late to reply. I have also
realized that this is not just an ELEM request... though
my students are in 2nd grade. My primary email was
a bit flaky this weekend, so I am posting where/who
I've heard from:

Palmerston & Perth Australia (Barbara and Deb)
Monroe, North Carolina, USA (Pam)
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA (Leslie)
Davao City, Philippines (Carol)

If you sent mail, and it was not answered, my
apologies. We would be thoroughly grateful if you
could please resend to:

amy118 [at] mac [dot] com or
amy [dot] lib [at] gmail [dot] com
agoldsmith@lgusd.k12.ca.us or

Thank you, and have a wonderful week.
If you'd like to know what it's like in our small
part of California, we'll send that your way! :)

- Amy Goldsmith
Daves Avenue School
Los Gatos, CA 95030
amy@alumni.princeton.edu AND above

P.S. Does anyone else share the experience that
the various spam weeders seem to get overzealous
this time of year? Last year this time I had to tell
various providers that they were clearly blocking
emails that were valid, and it does seem seasonal
(perhaps because spammers ramp up at some times
of year?). These are emails that are blocked BEFORE
my junk filter even sees them, so I typically find out
only if an important one goes missing, and someone
follows up by phone.