Happy New Year! I hope everyone is getting off to a positive start, as am I.
As usual, I have questions…this time about new things you like. What are
some favorites from the last 6 months/year?

1. What are some favorite gizmos? Here I am thinking of hardware/peripherals
such as cell phones, cameras, etc. Do you have peripherals for your
prepherals, such as nifty speakers for your iPod? Are you now longing for
the new Apple phone? Do you have a new MotorolaQ or other phone? Photo
printer? I am even curious about those of you enjoying clothing with
technological adaptations, such as jackets with MP3 holders. Anyone out
there tracking kids' driving habits?

2. What are some favorite applications? I am especially interested in new,
free, and web –based, such as photo-sharing sites, online word processing,
etc.

3. What are some great websites that are new to you? Even if they have been
around for a while, but are constantly updated and exciting...including, of
course, blogs and wikis.

4. Finally, have you changed your mind about some tech in the last year. For
example, I used to be 100% leery of Wikipedia, but now see its pluses.

I am interested in things that have just lately caught your eye. They do not
have to be brand new, but new to you. They can be useful, entertaining, or
of course both! I will post a hit, and possibly  three if I get lots of

"Try curiosity!"--Dorothy Parker
Dr. Mary Ann Bell
Associate Professor, Library Science
Sam Houston State University