I still have nearly 300 pages to go, but thought I'd take a break just to comment
on how wonderful it is to have so many people excited over a book.

I was at an outdoor concert Saturday night, and a middle-school age boy near me was
reading the book. When he got up to get something to eat, his mother took the book
and started reading it!

Then I took a train into New York City on Sunday, and saw several people on the
train with copies of the book, and a man brought a copy of it into the restaurant
where I ate lunch.

By the way, I went to my local supermarket at 9 a.m. Saturday morning and purchased
one of the many copies they had for sale. But I did hear a report on NPR this
morning about how 1,400 people waited in line for their books Friday night at a
bookstore in Bethesda, MD.

Well, time to go back to the book!

David Bilmes, LMS
Schaghticoke Middle School
New Milford, CT
bilmesd@new-milford.k12.ct.us
dudu4tigers@snet.net
www.new-milford.k12.ct.us/SMS/LMC

“You can’t teach people to write well. Writing well is something God lets you do or
declines to let you do.”

—Kurt Vonnegut