From: School Library Media & Network Communications on behalf of Dawn Sardes
Sent: Thu 7/26/2007 7:42 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: New YA Fantasy Book Recommendation

I recently purchased and read a new book for my librar that I would like to endorse.

  I am neither the author nor have I any ties to her.

  The book is Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Marr.

  11th grader Aislinn has inherited the ability to see the faeries that walk among
us.  Raised by her grandmother, she has learned the strict rules to follow to keep
them from learning that she has the sight, to avoid their cruelty.

  1.  Never Speak to invisible faeries.
  2. Never Stare at Invisible faeries
  3. Never attract their attention.

  But it is too late.  Aislinn has attracted the attention of Keenan, the Summer
King.  For centuries, he has sought his Summer Queen from among the mortal world.
Not until he finds her will he finally have the power to defeat the Winter Queen,
his cruel mother.

  Keenan has set his sights on Aislinn.  Her life, her future, and the fact that
she is in love with Seth mean nothing to him.

  Filled with lore and revelations of the faerie political structure, the focus of
the story switched between Aislinn, Keenan, and Donia, who, 900 years ago, was
foolish enough to fall in love with Keenan.  When she made the choise to take the
test to see if she were his destined queen, she failed, instead becoming the Winter
Girl, the servant of the Winter Queen.  She will not be freed until another accepts
the challenge.

  If you like Holly Black's books, you will love Wicked Lovely

Dawn Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH
yayagoddess@sbcglobal.net.omit.this
Check out my Harry Potter Fan Fiction at
http://www.fanfiction.net
Pen Name: YaYa Goddess