While I totally agree that there is a lot of hype with the Harry Potter books isn't
it a refreshing change to see it over a book rather than say, a movie?  A video
game?  Or some other nonsensical pop culture phenomenom.  If this is what it takes
to get kids reading, or to pull them away from the computer/video game etc. for
just a few more minutes, I am all for it.

____________________________________
Esther Keller
Librarian
I.S. 278 Marine Park
1925 Stuart Street
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Ph. 718.375.3523
Ph. 718.645.6201 (direct to library)
Fx. 718.998.7324
famous99@verizon.net or elewens@schools.nyc.gov

***opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer***

"If libraries had been cool enough to carry graphic novels when I was a kid, I
never would have had to turn to petty crime to afford my expensive comics habit."

-Comic book writer Brian K. Vaughan, on hearing that Digests 4-6 of his Runaways
series had been chosen for YALSA's 2007 Great Graphic Novels for Teens, Comic Book
Resources news, Jan. 31.