Kids should be taught to understand that anyone can go online and claim to
be something they're not.  They need to learn about not giving away
identifying details about themselves online or chatting online with people
they don't know.

In other words, it's a problem that can happen on any site, not just
neopets.

Cammie Backus
Graduate Student
CLIS-University of Md.