I came across Neopets when I was writing my book about technology and ethics
(Cybersins and Digital Good Deeds). I used it then as a BAD example of
commercialization and marketing to children. I am on the liberal side of
Internet access for kids, but I panned Neopets for that reason. Now there is
another, more serious problem. If I had a youngster, I would steer her/him
away from Neopets. --mabell

On 3/6/07, Amy Watkins <amywatkinsreads@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It's the age our children have been born into.  So many good things have
> the potential of compromised safety.  A parent came into the library today
> to tell us that his daughter had been conversing over the Internet through
> the website www.neopets.com .  Although she doesn't access this site from
> the library, he wanted to inform us that children are now being approached
> by older males in disquise from this site.
>
>   Amy Watkins
>   Librarian
>   Central Middle School
>   Lawton, OK
>

> Amy
>
> ---------------------------------
> Finding fabulous fares is fun.
> Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and
> hotel bargains.

>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
> * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
> * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
> * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/sub/