After speaking to several people about the "PROPER" way to cover books
in the library, I realized that there techniques being used.  As a
student in Library Science, I am curious if there is a "PROPER" way that
hard cover and paperback books should be covered. So I ask the following
questions of the wonderful and knowledgeable people in this listserv:

Did you learn how to cover books while in Graduate School?  If yes, was
the course required?

Do you use a resource to help with book covering techniques?

Hard cover books: What tape do you use?

                            Where do you tape? Do you tape the Mylar
cover to the front and back of the book or to itself?

                            Do you angle the tape?

Paperback books: What product(s) do you use?

                           Do you use thin or thick contact paper?

                           Do you cut along the top and bottom edges or
fold over the flap and miter the corners?

Do you have any other information that you would like to share?

I hope this will be helpful to all librarians and I know it will help
other grad students like me.

Thank you in advance!

Judy Boshnack

TA Harborfields CSD