Thanks for the HIT, Alma.
I decided to give whatshouldireadnext dot com a try.
I put in Alex Rider and Horowitz as my search (great favorite in my Middle School).
One of the suggestions was Skinny Dip by Hiaasen... I don't think it's one I want
to recommend to my MS boys.
Marcia Marthy
LMS
A.D. Oliver Middle School
Brockport, NY
mmccarth@bcs1.org

>>> Alma McDermott <Sunshinealma@AOL.COM> 11/13/2007 7:20 PM >>>
Thank you so much to the library geniuses out there. I got "hooked up" with
2 sites, and found one in the archives. Here is the info. for those who asked
for a hit. Again, thank you to those who responded. Below is my original
request, followed by the responses. Alma

Is there a site that will give me information on books that are similar  to
popular books that have "ended their run"? For example, if a student  liked the
Stephenie Meyer "Twilight" series or Harry Potter series, etc.  this site (if
it  existed) would contain books I could direct them to read  because of
their similarity to their past  favorites.
Thanks,

The responses:

1) Do you have access to Novelist?  It is a database paid for by our  state.
There is at least one other really good website that I believe is  free but I
am totally blanking on it at the moment.

2) http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

Here it is--What should I  read next?

3) _http://nancykeane.com/rl/#Readalikes_
(http://nancykeane.com/rl/#Readalikes)

You are the best!
Alma

Alma Ramos-McDermott
MLS Student
Simmons College, Boston  MA
2006 ALA Spectrum Scholar
AASL Legislation Committee
2007 AASL  Conference Travel Scholarship Winner
Former 21 year NYC elementary  teacher
sunshinealma@aol.com