Dear LM_NET Members:

I've read the posts regarding Smart boards and their use in the school
curriculum during the past few days.  It reminded me of an incident from a  few
years ago regarding a workshop for public school teachers in a large urban
school district in Oklahoman........

My husband was selected to serve as a master teacher for a special summer
institute for teachers at a large urban school district in Oklahoma.  The
subject involved integrated physics and chemistry for students in middle/high
school levels.  (I won't include the name in this post. )

Anyway, my husband served as a master teacher for three weeks and learned a
great deal in the process.  He imparted a great deal of knowledge, but  he
also learned just as much in the process regarding urban districts and  the
unique constraints and challenges/rewards that these
teachers/librarians/administrators face on a daily basis.

At the end of the summer institute, a recognition ceremony was held at a
local vocational-institute held an end-of-summer ceremony for all of the
teachers who attended the summer institute.  The ceremony began with a meal
followed
by a Power Point presentation from a district administrator who  proceeded to
utilize this technology to