Thanks everyone for your quick responses! It's so nice to look like a genius.
Tali

Junie B. Jones is Captain Field Day. Parks
Picture Windows has a series of books about character development. Titles include
among others, Do I Have To? Kids Talk About Responsibility, How Could You? Kids
Talk About Trust, and No Fair! Kids Talk About Fairness. Our kids love these books,
and our school counselor uses them a lot for her lessons. Most, if not all of the
books are written by Nancy Loewen.
It's Not My Fault!  By Nancy Carlson
When he is called to the principal's office, George hurries to explain
that other people were to blame for the many things that went wrong
during the day, from his late arrival to the escape of some mice.

Arthur's Computer Disaster  by Marc Brown
Arthur disobeys his mother by playing his favorite game on her computer,
which leads to a lesson in taking responsibility for one's actions.

Hunter's Best Friend.

How about Arthur's Pet Business by Marc Brown
My Big Brother by Miriam Cohen, a younger boy sees his brother go off and be a
soldier then has to take on older responsibilities.
Brown Arthur's Pet Business
Day Frank and Ernest
Green The hole in the dike
Wells Fritz and the Mess Fairy
Mayer Just me and my puppy
Teague Pigsty
Cummings Clean your room, Harvey Moon
Mayer Just a mess
Seuss Horton hatches the egg
Ernst Zinnia and Dot
Sachar Marvin Redpost: Alone in His Teacher's House

Tali Balas
Librarian, PreK - 2
Ethical Culture Fieldston School
tbalas@ecfs.org
212.712.6293

"After three days without reading, talk becomes flavorless."
Chinese proverb.