Wow wow wow.  How cool it would be to have Rodman Philbrick do an
author visit.  How very sad that that superintendent turned him down!
When I first read _Freak the Mighty_, I LOVED it.  Then when I
listened to _Last book_ on audio one summer, Philbrick became one of
my favorite writers, up there with Pullman, LeGuin, and Douglas Adams.
  Some people just have such a way with words and story and making you
think.

I can't help thinking that there's something going on at Partington's
school district that we don't know about.
--
Robin Shtulman
Librarian