Well I have received several emails from folks who
were  offended by my comments.

So I will take even more time to clarify my points.

1. The majority of charter schools or private schools
do not have to follow the same rules public schools
do.

2. If the public schools could pick and choose who
they can allow into the schools - I bet they could
look better too.

3. I resent public education constantly being
criticized when the rules and laws that they have to
follow were created or passed by some of our biggest
critics.

4. I thought the same things I have heard on this
topic when I was at the school level.., so I went to
the district office. What a rude surprise!
By the time you deal with all of the required
paperwork, the laws that have to be followed, etc.
there is very little room for big change.

5. For someone who does try to make big changes --
some parents are upset and gee -
they go to the school board (and guess who voted for
them)
and by gosh the supt or persons trying to make changes
are gone.

6. When more money is required to be spent on some
students than others -- it makes me angry -- where is
the fairness in that --
but laws are passed and that's where the money goes..

7. When a fair playing field is developed - then I can
and will support a wide variety of educational
initiatives. I am known as a change advocate and not
one to go with the status quo. But I personally am
sick and tired of reading and hearing complaints about
public education -- when some of the very reasons we
have problems were created by the some of the folks
who criticize the most --  I will stand up and speak
out.

8. I am not an advocate of the traditional school
model -- but I am not an advocate of creating other
schools whether they are charter schools, private
schools, virtual schools, etc. while holding public
education hostage --with laws  that they can't change
and then still be criticized..

That is plain wrong... and that is what I will
continue to speak out about.

Paula

Paula Yohe
Director Of Technology/Library Media Center
Dillon School District Two
405 West Washington Street
Dillon, SC 29536
Phone: 843-841-3604 Fax:843-774-1214
paula_yohe@yahoo.com

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/