I was asked for this information, but lost the address of the person who most
wanted it, so here's a quick cut-and-paste HIT for all. Thanks to everyone who
responded. I'm sure the workshop will be a success.

  Kathy Hintz
  Former librarian
  part-time Technology TA
  Catskill Elem School
  Catskill, NY
  kmhintz@yahoo.com
  hintz@sunycgcc.edu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  1. How to edit a document after it has been created--as you may know some of the
fields can be resized, deleted, etc.
2. Color changes and customizing colors
3. Availability of templates from microsoft.com or other online sources
  Three things.. I guess it would also depend on what skill level the participants
have in publisher.  For the novice I think..
  ·         How to set up a short slide show with automatic timing.
  ·         Formatting the slides so they look uniform
  ·         Adding text that moves into the text when you need it
            I would love to know how to change one color in a graphic - the
previous versions of Publisher I knew how to do this, but in 2007 I do not know how
to change just one color of a graphic.  If you know how to do this, please let me
know, please.
            Doreen J Balzarini [dbalzarini@sbcglobal.net]

  How to link and unlink text boxes. Layering. Working with graphics.

Fundamentals of layout and graphic design

How to make great looking flyers

How to make great looking newsletters

How to handle imported graphics (personal pictures and imported from

 the web)

Understand the tools and how they work (compare to other Microsoft

programs, i.e. Word) The various publications available and how they

 might be used in a classroom setting Going through a Wizard You might want to

 have some finished products (ie., state brochure, 1 or 2 page classroom

 newsletter) so the teachers could see the possibilities. Then you might

 do something with the Quick Publication or Flyer so they could see how

 easy it is to create. If this is a hands-on workshop, you might have the

teachers create a simple Quick Publication or Flyer.

Of course, you'll want to have handouts so when they go back into their

 classrooms they'll be able to do it on their own.

I used to know more about Publisher, in the older versions...now what I

would like to know is how to make book plates for our adopt-a-book

program.  I've got the labels, but I'd like to do each inscription on

the computer and not have to hand write them.  So I guess I'm looking for a lesson
on a kind of mail merge.
___________________________________________________________________-

I would like to see samples of things I could make with publisher -

certificates, brochures, etc., that I could quickly make for my library

program.
  The following would be what I would need to know to use publisher for work:
  I would like to learn how to edit a monthly calendar.  It seems that after I
create it for the year, when I change it for a particular month, the changes don't
appear on the next months.
  Also, making and editing simple newsletters would be useful.

    Doreen J Balzarini [dbalzarini@sbcglobal.net]

http://mail.yahoo.com