Colleagues:

Earlier today someone posted that they were not receiving LM_NET
messages. I respond to those posts if time permits, and the responses
always go directly to the person who asked. I responded to that person,
and I got an automated response back:

Your message to: _____
was blocked by our Spam Firewall. The email you sent with the following subject has
NOT BEEN DELIVERED:

Subject: Re: [LM_NET] test

I usually respond to individuals, rather than posting to the entire
list, and I've gotten similar messages when I've answered a question
about a book. Can we ask that if your email system operates on an "all
are prohibited except those specifically permitted" basis that you put
in your post something to the effect that all responses must go to the
entire list? I'm sure it is frustrating to ask a question and then not
get any answers. Perhaps the reason is that the firewall is blocking the

David Lininger, kb0zke,
MS/HS librarian
Hickory County R-1 Schools
Urbana, MO 65767