I am currently the K-5 librarian and technology teacher at a private school
in my first year. I work in a library that is used by the entire K-12
school.  The Head of School seems to lack a vision of what the library is
and where we are going.  It seems like an especially important time to clue
him in as the school is currently working on a strategic plan.  The Head
Librarian and I feel that we need to present him with a vision of not only
what we're doing now, but what we would hope to be doing in 5 years.
Despite only being on the job for a month, I feel like I can present to him
what the library is currently doing, but I lack the visionary sense to
present him with a compelling plan of what we could be doing, if we had X
resources or Y changes to our space.  I feel like I'm being presented a
really great opportunity, but am being somewhat hindered by my lack of
experience (my library experience comes from a public library, while my
school experience has been as a teacher) so I'd love to hear what the
collective wisdom of LSNET has to say.  I will gleefully post a HIT of the

Lane Young

Lower School Librarian and Technology Coordinator

North Shore Country Day School

Winnetka, IL

lyoung@nscds.org