Good morning all:
      I was just asked to open up the library tonight for
some quiet games and sleeping as part of a middle school
lock-in/sleepover tonight. There will be other rooms open
with videos and computer/board games and eating, but the
person in charge asked if I could also be here to have a
quiet place for those who really do want to sleep or at
least kind of sort of veg. for an hour or so during the
night and then go off again. (There will be roaming
parents to make sure that kids are at least in one of the
rooms but they can come and go between them).
       I don't mind doing this and we do have great kids
so it shouldn't be a problem, but I would like to make a
couple of options available to them.
      Right now, what I have planned is for half the
library to be scattered with my pillows for "sleeping" but
I want something for the other half that will be quiet,
but yet fun. I was thinking of a jigsaw puzzle and I am
also taking the sofas from the teachers lounge for them to
sit and talk quietly, but does anyone else have any other
ideas?

       Also if anyone has done this type of thing before
and has words of wisdom to share to avert any disasters,
then please share away.

Thanks!

Carol Van Brocklin
Librarian