There have been numerous responses that I have enjoyed reading. They have given me
ideas for responses that I haven't always thought about myself.

However, when some of the responses say that they would pull "one or two books" on
each subject I had to LOL.

I don't believe I would have been able to find things on several of the topics let
alone an entire book (Viper Fish, Cleveland...). The number of topics and the
breadth both are daunting, especially on the expectation of virtually instantaneous
delivery.

Sometimes I feel when we are overly accomodating that we set ourselves up for this
type of expectation. I am trying hard to find "the line" because of that. We burn
ourselves out otherwise and do no one any good at that point.

That being said I have to LOL at myself- A sub and I pulled 28 books in about 15
minutes for a "new" to my school teacher whose request was "I need a number of
books about scientists and I have to have them by 1st period" (this was 10 minutes
before school began).

We found them after trying to determine what/how they were to be used, put them on
a cart and let him know they were ready. I was down 2 people and my student helper,
had classes coming and hadn't even put my lunch in the frig or booted my computer.

His response was "Oh, just send them to my room and I really needed several for
each student - 60-70 would be better"...

I am so thankful that he decided to move on to another school the next year!

Katherine Mayberry
Teacher-Librarian
Travelers Rest High School
Travelers Rest SC