I have a great project going on here.  4 teams of kids are designing the "School of
Tomorrow".  The ultimate goal is to identify the best way for students to learn,
and then create proposals for change to happen in our own school.  It is a
competitive project.  Each team will present to a panel of judges AND to the
student body.  Judges will judge based on a rubric.  Students will vote for the
best presentation and the 4 best ideas from any team.

One of the teams has asked me if there are any safe, school oriented social
networking sites available - either web-based OR software that could be used only
within the school.  Any information or leads that you could give me will be most
gratefully accepted.

If you are interested in reading more - here is the basic outline of the project.
http://nlcommunities.com/communities/wanderings/articles/155323.aspx

Also - here is the resource list I created on 21st Century Schools.
http://www.gananda.org/library/mshslibrary/school21.htm

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for poetry and to
put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American way." ~ The Philadelphia
Inquirer, 9-20-03

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)