Please excuse the cross-posting.

Someone recently posted that Moto Kids was being discontinued. I just
received the replacement for it and it seems geared to an older audience, so
I'm not too happy with it. The format size is thicker and bigger (won't fit
in my rack nicely) and much too wordy for my kids. I'm also going to have to
go through it very carefully for inappropriate items (ads, websites, who
knows what). If you had Moto Kids, keep your eyes peeled for it and please
share your thoughts on the replacement. I think I'll ask (Ebsco) for an
extension on a different subscription.

Also, does anyone receive a magazine called Potluck? I wanted to try that
for a year but haven't received any issues (through Ebsco) and no
explanation. I am happy with Kids Zone, Discovery Girls (can't keep that on
the shelves) Zootles and Pack O Fun, which are all new for us this year. I
point out to the kids that the Pack O Fun has a website to download the
patterns so don't worry about tracing or enlarging the patterns. Also very
interesting for the older & brainier kids - Dig magazine (archeology) and
Muse. These two are slowly picking up readers. The Pack O Fun has really
been appreciated by our Special Day (special needs) Class since they work on
crafts to help develop hand-eye coordination.

Joanne Ladewig  (A.K.A. "Library Lady")

Library Media Tech

Lawrence Elementary, GGUSD

Garden Grove, California

shatz@verizon.net

Comments are my own and may not represent the views of GGUSD