I have developed an answer that seems to work for me when asked at the last minute
for something that I just don't have time to do.  I usually stay after school about
2 hours each day, doing the library management tasks I can't get done with a
library full of elementary students.

When a teachers asks me at the last minute for something, I quite often tell them
that I don't have the time to help them during the school day, due to my schedule.
I then tell them that I will be working in the library until 5 pm, and if they
would like to come by after I finish car duty (by which time most have already
left), I would be happy to help them find the items they need.  Some, who don't
think I do anything all day, can't figure out why I stay after school.  But either
way, if they take the time to come by, I'm willing to take the time to help them.

Most of my teachers are very good about emailing me a number of days in advance
when they need items, and I always try to let them know how much I appreciate them
making use of our resources, as well as giving me the lead time necessary to do a
good job for them.

Janet Saczawa
librarian
Creekside Elementary
Harvest, AL
janet.saczawa@lcsk12.org

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE The contents of this e-mail message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any
attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.