I graduated from the University of Dallas in Irving TX
in 1992 and Children's Lit was a required course.
However, I do not know if it continues to be required
or not. I did notice that it now encompasses both
children and young adult which it did not do in the
past.
Several of our new teachers who are finishing up their
first year as teachers said they took a Children's Lit
course and loved it. However, it was not necessarily
required, as it depended upon their focus. (ELL/ESL,
Reading Difficulties, etc.)

Christine Rayl, librarian
Bowie Elementary
Grand Prairie TX