Thank you everyone for your ideas and lists! I was asked to post a hit, so here
it is. I've seen others have been asking the same question, so if they could also
post a hit, or just attach their results to this, that would be great.

I kept doing booktalks on all the great books I'd read, and the kids just looked
at me listlessly, but when I started offering prizes for the above lists--boy,
did interest perk up.  Only the last Harry Potter is on the WOW's because the
kids would have wiped me out prize wise if I'd put all the Harry Potters on the
WOW list.

Try the Houston Independent School Librarian's site: www.haisln.org

We have 5 or six committees each working on a two grade level portion
of the list. It's list is updated every year, and every book has been
read by two committee members (librarians working at that grade level)
and positively reviewed.

We send reading lists home with the 1st quarter and 4th quarter report cards
each year.  My goal this year is to add more non-fiction.  The lists are
published on my website at
http://www.teacherweb.com/WI/HolyApostlesNewBerlin/LibraryandLearningCenter/

Click on the third box - reading lists - and you will see the summer 2007 list
as well as the other lists.

I've attached my Weally Oughta Weads (WOW) (my most fabulous books), Popcorn
Books (which were almost as good as WOW's, and for which the students receive
popcorn if they get 80 and above on the AR test), my Oldies but Goodies lists,
and the list that I pass out to teachers at the beginning of the year for good
read alouds. (I've included the attachments).

Kathryn Behlmer
SLMS
Park Terrace Elementary
Spring Lake Park, MN