I say run with it...fans of Meyer's books will probably not take it to
their parents and say, "read page (fill in the blank)".  They will love
you for having it in their library.  Middle school is tough...but I'm
sure there are other books in your library that could possibly be
considered challenged as well.  Treat it like any other book and let
students know that if someone can't stand the heat and go to their
parents, they are censoring the book not only for themselves, but for
the rest of the school as well.  Who wouldn't want that monkey on their
back?
Just some thoughts...

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
>>> Pat Hoppe <Marbeth2@AOL.COM> 08/06/08 10:05 PM >>>
Good Evening,

I just finished reading Breaking Dawn.  I couldn't put it down.   Meyer
knows
how to write a story!

I won't go into lots of details because I don't want to spoil the book
totally for readers. Edward & Bella marry, make love, and so on in the
book.
Stephanie doesn't use any graphic language to describe the events.  Yes,
this book
is more mature than the other 3 books.

I have concerns about placing it in my middle school library.  On  the
other
hand, I know Twilight readers will demand the 4th book. Is there a way
have it in my library?  I don't want to be the book police, but I know
it should
be restricted in some manner. (please don't stone me)  Do I use a
permission
slip for check out?

Any ideas on how to handle this situation?   Thanks so much for  any
advice.

Pat Hoppe
Librarian
Lincoln MS