Obviously, this co-worker thrives with conflict and sees it not as
something that can be resolved, but something that irritates you and
possibly may delight her.
DON'T PLAY INTO HER GAME!!
Instead, send an email telling, not asking her, if she has any
questions, please call or speak to you personally.  And let her know
that if her catstigating emails continue to repeat themselves, you will
go to a higher authority with said emails in hand.  Call her bluff...
Betsy, I know you personally, and I cannot IMAGINE someone being mean to
you!  Take her off of your bulk emails you send out unless they are of
utmost importance...she'll get the information from someone, and if she
asks why you don't send them to her, tell her exactly why.
Professionally and biblically, you are supposed to deal with the issue
and try to clear it up, but not to be a punching bag.  Sometimes you
just have to turn the other cheek and move on.
Hope this helps,

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
>>> Betsy Ruffin <Betsy.Ruffin@CLEBURNE.K12.TX.US> 08/06/08 2:33 PM >>>
I have an issue I would like advise on.  A co-worker has misunderstood
some email questions or comments of mine dealing with work.   Three
cases come to mind in particular.  In all three cases, she emailed a
somewhat castigating reply to me with others also included in the email.
  In two cases, it was a particular misunderstanding or lack of full
reading on her part.  She apologized for one -- privately on that one.

The issue is the repeated emailing -- not telephone or face-to-face
conversation -- and the public nature of it.   I was taught both
professionally and Biblically that you dealt with an issue first by
going to the person privately and trying to clear it up.

I have more than once asked her to talk to me privately so that problems
could be avoided, but another issue arose today with the same problems.

What do I do at this point?  Is it time to take it to Human Resources?
We are on different campuses so it doesn't seem to be a principal next
issue, or should I take it to her principal?

I need some advice gang on how to best handle this.

Thanks all

Betsy Ruffin
librarian-technologist
Cleburne ISD