I don't have my Dewey at home with me, but I think 363.1 is
disasters, including shipwrecks.  But I agree, putting something in
the 300's is pretty much the same as throwing it away because no one
will ever find it there.  (Yes, I do teach OPAC use, but a lot of
kids just go directly to the shelves.)   I keep most of my Titanic
stuff in 910.

Kay Weisman, Librarian
Willowbrook Elementary School
Glenview, IL 60022