Our school is doing a whole-school project over first impressions and how they can
be misleading.  We want to let kids know that just because someone may look strange
or different doesn't necessarily mean they are.  Kinda like the old saying "don't
judge a book by its cover."  Anyway, to do the project, I am needing to find
pictures of people who do not look "the part" for their job or career.  For
example, if you were to look at a picture of Stephen Hawkins, you would have no
idea that he is considered to have one of the most brilliant minds and all of his
contributions to the field of science.  Some of the other people I have found so
far are Jenny Finch (professional softball player), Chuck Close (world-famous
artist), Mark Zuckerberg (one of the founders of Facebook), and Christopher
Paolini.  However, I am now drawing a blank.  Can you please help with giving me
some suggestions of people who look nothing like their field of choice?  I would
like to have some people from all areas such as business leaders, world political
leaders, humanitarians, musicians, teachers, ect.  Thanks!

Brenda Lemon
Library Director
Chapman Schools
Chapman Kansas