I'm posting this for Carolyn Karis - please reply to her at:  Carolyn Karis
(blueslibrary@gmail.com)

Debbie Abilock, Editor-in-Chief
Knowledge Quest
http://www.ala.org/aasl/kqweb
kq@abilock.net

_______
Are you a Gamer or do you know gamers -- especially gamers in libraries?

I have 3 books (2 are duplicates -- so two people could game the review)
available for review for Knowledge Quest. Same deal as other books available
for free for a review.

The books:
Gamers: Writers, Artists & Programmers on the Pleasure of Pixels edited by
Shanna Compton (the C in the name is a Mac-Man muncher). Published by Soft
Shull Press in 2004, this 255 page $15 book (including blank pages for
Cheats & Notes), is a collection of articles by noted programmers, visual
artists, cartoonists, game testers and championship gamers.

2 copies of Gamers in the Library?! The Why, What, and How of Videogame
Tournaments for All Ages by Eli Neiburger. The 190 page book from ALA
Editions, 2007, ($42) claims to provide the wherewithall  to tune in and
engage the underserved gaming segment of the library population. It provides
familiarity with gaming culture, how videogaming events can fit into a
library, and how to build your library's rep as cool and inviting . The
author (according to the press release blurb) is a leading gaming expert.

Why not team up with other gamers -- boys in the library, other adult
gamers, girls into gaming -- and write a review for Knoweldge Quest? Have
you been to any ALA or other library gaming events? Add that experience into
the mix.

Contact me if you're interested and I'll send you or the group the books for
free.

Carolyn Karis
Wearing my Knowledge Quest Associate Editor for Resources hat
4:31 PM