Hi all, I just got ambushed by one of my principals. (Am still crying over
this.) I am currently without an official stand alone library curriculum.
About ten years ago our school district combined curriculums and mine was
included with language arts, reading, spelling and library. That curriculum
was then rewritten again to reflect the state standards and I was not
included in that process and library was dropped from the title. The
standards  I teach are still in the curriculum, but Library is not on the
title.  I am looking for Library Curriculums, Scope and Sequences, etc. for
K-5 programs as I am thinking I need to write a new curriculum for our
district and I haven't done that is so long I don't even know where to
start.

Also, the principal I have now is adverse to me using any video
presentations of literature when I teach about Caldecott, Newbery, authors,
etc. He feels I should read or otherwise use my voice and other resources. I
have up to seven classes a day and it is physically impossible for me to
read to that many classes each day, so I have used videos for many of my
stories. Perhaps too many, but that is mostly his opinion. How many of you
have principals who object to you using recorded stories? I feel like an
awful  librarian right now because of this and I think I should be able to
use some recorded stories. I've never had a principal who felt this way.

I'd welcome any advice, lesson suggestions, anything right now that would
help!

Thanks so very much!  Barb

--
"Librarian. Genetically predisposed to answer questions and correct
misconceptions - whether asked or not." 2 01 2007

Barbara Fritz
Elementary Librarian
Bloomsburg Area School District
Bloomsburg PA