The new book is a reproduction of Rowling's hand-made book which was
auctioned off for charity many months ago.  The collector's edition is
an almost exact replica of the one Amazon purchased for nearly 4 million
dollars at Sotheby's back in December.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2007/12/13/beedle-the-bard-sells-for-n
early-2m-pounds

There are many fans who have been anxiously praying for the day that
Amazon would begin reproducing this book. (I should know; I'm one of
them.)  LOL!

Anyway, the stories of Beedle the Bard play an important role in the 7th
book.  The book is one of the clues Dumbledore gives to the trio
(specifically Hermione) to help them find out the truth about the
Deathly Hallows.

Miranda Hawkins
Acting Librarian I - Studio/YA Services
George W. Hawkes Central Library
101 East Abram
Arlington, Texas  76010
817-459-6900
miranda.hawkins@arlingtontx.gov

The views expressed herein are not necessarily the views of my employer.