For those of you who do shelve student/class literary works, how/where do
you keep them?

For example,  one of our 9th graders has produced a very well-written book
on life in a residential facility, it's just exquisite.   She has given the
library a copy in a 3 ring binder and approaching publishers now.  I would
like for students to be able to read her work, and would also like to keep a
copy for the "we knew them when" trove that I would like to establish for
our budding writers.

We also have bilingual students who have made Spanish/English board books
for the child psychology classes' preschool kids, and I'd like to keep them
in the library as well.

In order to keep these works safe, do you think they should be allowed to
circulate, kept behind the desk for limited check out, or be used for
library use only?  None of them would be easy to reproduce, should they be
damaged.

Thanks for your advice,
Elizabeth Fox, Media Assistant
Newport High School, Newport, OR