Here's the information that will help regarding
this video -- it's a little older now but still
VERY worth viewing.  A great project might be to
ask a group of students to make a second video
with snips etc from the last 10 years.  I'd love
to see that on YOUTube --

In 2000, with a small grant from the
International Reading Association, Ramona Kerby
from McDaniel College in Westminser MD, with some
of her students, wrote and produced a 17-minute
video called "The Newbery Award" that highlighted
books and authors. She used copyright-free audio
and video clips from (a) Scholastic Book Fair
videos, (b) ALSC Newbery speech cassette tapes,
(c) the Library of Congress, and (d) received
permission from the authors: Lloyd Alexander,
Sharon Creech, Sid Fleischman, Karen Hesse, Lois
Lowry, Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, Katherine
Paterson, and Jerry Spinelli. They filmed Lloyd
Alexander in his study at his old-fashioned
typewriter.

The video is now 7-years-old, still is very
charming and informative. Ramona recently
uploaded it to YouTube and Google Video. The film
might be found in multiple ways-by title, by her
name (Mona Kerby), and by individual authors'
names.

This information came from Mona Kerby and I think
you will find the video worth searching for.

Sharron McElmeel
http://www.mcelmeel.com
http://www.mcbookwords.com

At 7:42 AM -0500 6/4/08, Danna DeMars wrote:
>Original Request:
>I was looking for an updated video featuring the Newbery Medal winning
>books.
>
>One member did indicate that WorldCat indicates the following title from
>IRA, however I have still not been able to find a place to purchase.
>

>The Newbery Award
>Mona Kerby
>2003
>English  Visual Material : Videorecording :  VHS tape 1 videocassette (15
>min., 47 sec.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. + 1 booklet ([8] p. ; 19 cm.)
>Newark, DE : Distributed by International Reading Association,
>
>  Get This Item
>Availability:Check the catalogs in your library.
>·  Libraries worldwide that own item: 3
>·   Connect to the catalog at your library
>External Resources:·   Cite This Item
>  Find Related
>More Like This:Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced
>options ...
>Find Items About:International Reading Association. (40)
>Title:The Newbery Award
>Author(s):Kerby, Mona.
>Corp Author(s):International Reading Association.
>Publication:Newark, DE : Distributed by International Reading Association,
>Year:2003
>booklet ([8] p. ; 19 cm.)
>Language:English
>  SUBJECT(S)
>Descriptor:Newbery Medal.
>Literacy prizes -- United States.
>Children -- Books and reading.
>System Info:VHS.
>Class Descriptors:LC: Z1037.A2
>Responsibility:produced and written by Mona Kerby. Videotaped and edited by
>Patrick Flaherty ; production assistant, David Sawyer.
>Material Type:Videorecording (vid); Videocassette (vca); VHS tape (vhs)
>Document Type:Visual Material
>Entry:20060502
>Update:20060502
>Accession No:OCLC: 68040697
>Database:WorldCat
>

>--
>Danna DeMars, LMS
>Garrett Elem
>Hazelwood, MO
>demarskda@gmail.com

>Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
>To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu
>In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
>  3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm-net.info/
>  * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html
>  * LM_NET Wiki: http://lmnet.wikispaces.com/

Sharron L. McElmeel
http://www.mcelmeel.com

McBookwords (a literacy organization)
http://www.mcbookwords.com/

Instructor - University of Wisconsin-Stout
Children's Literature in the Reading Program
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/childrenslit/
Young Adult Literature in the Reading Program
http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/yalit/

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562