From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Gisela Schera
Sent: Tuesday, 4 March 2008 11:05 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: TARGET: Short Stories by Isaac Asimov?

This is my first time posting to LM_Net and it is very exciting.

I am preparing a lesson for a fifth-grade class on the differences between fantasy
and science fiction and am trying to find two short?stories by Isaac Asimov.? I
remember reading these in my reading textbook when I was in elementary school.? One
was about children no longer going to traditional schools but learning instead from
computers at home (it doesn't sound so "futuristic" anymore).? The other was about
a man who "discovers" mathematics; humanity had lost that skill after so many
centuries of using computers.

Does anyone know the titles of these stories and in?which of Asimov's collections I
can find them?? I would also appreciate suggestions for any other science fiction
and/or fantasy short stories I could use in this lesson.?

Sincerely,?

Gisela Schera, Library Teacher
St. Athanasius School? Bronx, NY
GiselaSchera@aol.com