Hi Folks,

Normally I would say excuse the cross-posts, but in this case I'm
hoping this message gets posted far and wide. A few weeks ago I gave
you a peek behind the scenes of the 8th Annual Wired Kids
Summit.  Today, I'm here to tell you about the major focus of the
Summit.  I blogged about it and podcasted live with the kids.  Below
is the full text of the blog.  The podcast can be heard through the
link on the right side of the blog entry at
http://www.3dwriting.com/wiredsafety/blog/

As we all know, the suicide of Megan Meier that took place after a
cyberbullying incident, brought national attention to the problem
with we on this list are very familiar.  A Tweenangel chapter in
Ridgewood, NJ has done something about it and we would like to turn
it into a national campaign.

The tweens have initiated the Megan Pledge, a three part campaign to
help stop cyberbullying. There are three parts of The Megan Pledge, a
signed individual pledge, a group banner and a black and white
polka-dot ribbons to wear and share. The pledge itself contains both
statements and a set of promises. It is signed and witnessed and
given to WiredSafety's Megan Pledge volunteer team and sent back to
WiredSafety where the pledges will be recorded and entered in a data
base with the objective of getting one million signatures by the end
of the year.

At the Wired Kids Summit, Tina Meier, Megan's mother and Deputy
Director of the Megan Pledge campaign, presented the program along
with tweens from the Ridgewood chapter.

A dedicated web site is being created and when it is announced, it
will be with the endorsement and help of Facebook, Xanga, and Tagged,
with others to follow as arrangements are completed. The site will
have all the necessary information and resources to get a program
started in your school.  Watch for that in the coming weeks. However,
there is no need to wait.  If you would like to get a Megan Pledge
campaign started in your school, just email me at
awolinsky@3dwriting.com and I'll email you a starter kit.

Help stop cyberbullying.  Be one in a million.

Thanks!

Art

Art Wolinsky
Educational Technology Director - WiredSafety.org
awolinsky@3dwriting.com
(609) 698-8223 (Home Office)
(609) 618-4433 (Cell)

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
I will surely learn a great deal today.