I work at a school that has the Reading First grant and it has made a
tremendous difference for us.  We received new materials, fabulous teacher
training, and wonderful support from CORE (Consortium on Reading
Excellence).  The grant allows time for teacher collaboration which is vital
for professional growth.  Our reading scores have increased since we have
had the grant.  Other schools in our district have had similar success.

Maureen Farmer-Burris
Ursa Minor Elementary
Fort Richardson, Alaska 99505
Reading Coach