Good afternoon!

Our school's student council has created a slide show of 278 pictures for
the end-of-the-year awards assembly.  This slide show does have some popular
music that will be playing along with it.

They have decided that they would like to make copies of this slideshow and
sell it for $5.00 to benefit a disabled student in our school.  While it is
a very good cause, I am cautious about this project.

Number one, I think that the  music has to come off of the project before it
can be duplicated because we can't "sell" the songs.  But then, I'm also
wondering can the slideshow be sold legally at all because it encompasses
pictures of students?  When I brought this up, I was shot down because the
school "sells" a yearbook.

Can any of you who have more vast copyright knowledge than myself please
shed some light?

Thanks for ANY help you can offer!

Angela Kauffman, Librarian
Linglestown Middle School