Good afternoon all:
      I'm sure you are all relieved that the election is
almost over. We are feeling it even overseas!
      Anyway--I have a new 6th grade teacher who has
decided that her students really need to figure out how to
find books in the library. Since I had this class while
they were in elementary--I know that they have indeed been
taught it at several points in time but they are insisting
that they still can't do their ABC's and 123's and find
books on the library shelf.
      Does anyone have any new and creative ways to help
students with this?
      I have done several kinds of scavenger hunts, relay
races, etc. and it just doesn't seem to be working. If
anyone has a tried and true method that will really help
students attain this skill, I would love to hear about it.

Thanks as usual to all!

Carol Van Brocklin
Librarian
Faith Academy-Mindanao