Dear Michelle
I am responding to both you and the list because I am including a link that may be
of interest to
many.

Australia also has a new government (well it is twelve months old now) but they
have a strong
platform of an "education revolution".  Yet, like the US, teacher librarians,
especially those in
the primary system, are facing an uncertain future as teacher shortages, budget
constraints and a
lack of awareness by those holding the purse strings impact on the profession.

In order to raise the awareness of the wider community, including principals,
parents and
politicians, of what the 21st century teacher librarian does a group of us have
formed an advocacy
group called The Hub.  We have written letters to politicians, newspapers and
anyone else we believe
will be useful allies, as well as articles and so forth.

Models of these are available at our site http://hubinfo.wordpress.com and they
could well serve as
inspiration for any letters you might like to use.

Good luck with  your campaign.
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian