I recently had an experience where a visiting author ate very
expensive meals during her visit.  One meal costs  $50.00 and the
other meal costs $60.00.  Since I agreed to pay expenses, I was
obligated to reimburse the author.  On the flip side of this coin, I
feel I was "taken for a ride!"  I am now considering setting a per
diem amount when I have visiting authors / illustrators /
storytellers.  I would discuss this with the person ahead of time
before signing a contract.  Am I just being tacky and is the per diem
idea way off base?   Has anyone else had a problem with expensive
meals during author visits?  I would appreciate all thoughts and
comments.

Debra Wilhoit
Lower School Librarian

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."  Gandhi

Thompson-Jones Library
Providence Day School
5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, North Carolina 28270