Many thanks for the responses that I got from all of you.

Here is my original request

I am having difficulties with writing lesson plans.  There are many
sites for lesson plans and there are many suggestions for library
activities out there.

Are there sites that have lessons plans for elementary librarians who
see each  class once a week (tops) for 30 minutes (tops) (part of the
time will be for giving out books)

lesson plans that have :

clear objectives - what the students will do

clear goals (projects) as an end for on going lessons

Clear assessments

So far I have tried my best to teach library skills and coordinate my
lessons with the classrooms topics but I need to improve the lessons
plans writings.

I have a Smart board but only 3 computers for the whole class.

Thanks

Madeleine Zember
Hempstead Schools NY
drjesons@gmail.com

These were the responses:

How do you write the lesson plan?

I use:  Aim- In the form of a question  (What are three important
facts about pumpkins?

          Learning Objectives:( What the students will do)
          Students will be able to write three facts about pumpkins.

          Materials- Pumpkins by Gail Gibbons, pumpkin cutuouts, pencils

          Procedure:  Create  A KWL about pumpkins and record
          students have learned  chart paper.4. Ask students what they
would still like to find out. Record on
          chart. 5. Students will look through other pumpkin books at
their tables.

          Key Questions:  Where do pumpkins grow? How do we harvest a pumpkin?

          Standards: ELA 1,2, 4, SCI1

         Assessment: (Answers the aim)
         Students will write three facts that they learned about
pumpkins on their pumpkin cutout.

I write a lot of my own lessons. I also use sites such as READWRITE
THINK>com, lesson planet and just search for ideas. I always rewrite
the plans.Most of my lessons are ELA based. I try to hit library
skills within the lessons.

http://www.hanover.k12.va.us/instruction/media/default.htm

http://hcps2.hanover.k12.va.us/instruction/media/LessonPlanBook.htm

http://hcps2.hanover.k12.va.us/instruction/media/librarycurriculumpdf

http://hcps2.hanover.k12.va.us/instruction/media/LessonPlanBook.htm

www.quia.com has some awesome lesson plans for Smart Boards in all
subject areas and grade levels.

http://thinkfinity.org/PartnerSearch.aspx?Search=True&orgn_id=9&subject=all&partner=all&resource_type=all&q=library%20activities&grade=3,5

I would start with your school district curriculum outcome.  Then,
develop an activity that would teach that outcome.  Try to make it
hands-on and engaging.

Finally, think how you will assess it.

I know I am not giving you a plan but I have found that it's usually
easier to come up with your own activities once you have the outcome
in place.  This is where you take into consideration your students and
your classroom content, if applicable.  Also, your assessment should
reflect back to the outcome.
This can be a little tough to figure since I have always integrated my
lessons around the curriculum and standards being taught in the
classroom at a given time.
   Some really terrific professional literature I have come across
which I believe would be of great help to you includes:
- Teaching Reading Strategies in the School Library by Walker and Shaw
(wonderful practical ideas, with specific recommended book titles for
incorporating literacy strategies into library lessons)
-Judy Freeman's Hi-Ho Librario (even if you are musically challenged,
as I am, the library songs on the accompanying CD are catchy enough
for kids to pick up on right away)
-Collaborating to Meet Standards... by Toni Buzzeo
-Collaboration Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension by Judi Moreillion

You might check Thinkfinity to see what it has.

www.informationliteracy.org may have some ideas for you. Nearly all
lessons are created by SU students in the school media program and
don't make it into the database without including measurable learning
objectives, etc.

You might want to look at some curriculum mapping sites.  These lesson
plans are broken down, step-by-step.  That might be a good place to
start.  Try the Rubiconatlas website.