Thanks very much to all who responded!  I attempted to thank everybody
personally and sincerely appreciate your time and generosity!  Here is the  list of
suggestions:

The  Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things
Gossip  Girl
Killing  Mr. Griffin
The Lorax.

Anne Frank:   Diary of a Young Girl
The  Outsiders
The Golden  Compass
A Wrinkle in  Time
Farhenheit  451 / Bradbury
Of Mice and Men ? Steinbeck
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn  / Twain
Any Harry Potter / Rowling
Annie on my Mind by Nancy Garden
Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers
Summer of my German Soldier by Bette  Greene
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Jack by A. M. Homes
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
Fade by  Robert Cormier
Rainbow Boys / Sanchez
Curious Incident of the dog in the  Night time by Mark Haddon
America by A. E. Frank
Whale Talk by Chris  Crutcher
So Far From the Bamboo Grove by Watkins
Who  is Frances Rain?
Bridge to Terabithia
Witch of Blackbird Pond
Black  Beauty
Face on the Milk Carton

Thanks also to Rachelle  Wynkoop, MLIS, for the wonderful web scramble she
created and has graciously agreed to let me use!
_http://www.kn.att.com/wired/fil/pages/sambannedbrw.html_
(http://www.kn.att.com/wired/fil/pages/sambannedbrw.html)

Deborah  McDonough, M.A.T.
8th grade ILA (talented and gifted)
LMS student  (Longwood University)
Gildersleeve Middle  School
Newport  News, VA
_deborah.mcdonough@nn.k12.va.us_  (mailto:deborah.mcdonough@nn.k12.va.us)

"Reading is like breathing.  Always, wherever we are, in the

midst of loving and laughing and traveling and working and
 eating and being with friends, always, without even choosing
to do so, we inhale the words of our world."  ~Lucy Calkins